Public Relations Manager
ON Advertising is seeking an experienced Public Relations Manager who can effectively maintain a positive public image for our clients by communicating their programs, accomplishments, and viewpoints. The ideal candidate will excel in fielding media inquiries, pitching stories to the media, preparing media kits, and organizing press conferences. It is important that the candidate can work well both independently and in group settings. Additionally, the ability to handle crisis and emergency communications and release information to counter negative publicity will be critical in this role and will make the candidate a valuable asset to the team.
- Serve as day-to-day account point person across multiple clients.
- Have a strong understanding of the media landscape.
- Primary resource for drafting and preparing PR materials and delivering in client-ready format.
- Procure client coverage across trade and consumer outlets – crafting pitches inclusive of founder positioning, news, announcements, and trend stories.
- Assist and contribute to client strategies and programming, subsequently managing programming from start to finish.
- Provide out-of-the-box thinking as it relates to media narratives and ideas that allow clients to stand out in the marketplace, that support our client’s overarching goals.
- Proactively anticipates and addresses client needs, and can respond in an appropriate manner.
- Provide internal feedback on how we can improve the agency’s success through optimized client engagement and process improvements.
- A confident communicator and presenter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Have a full understanding of media needs and media relationships.
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible, and accurate with attention to detail.
- The ability to keep the information confidential.
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms.
- Ability to work in high-stress environments, often for long hours.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
Education and Experience:
- 2-5 years of relative experience working with clients in the media, public relations, or related space.
- Proven network of a broad range of earned media contacts (online, print, podcast, broadcast, and radio).
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills.
- Medical, Dental, Life, & Vision with multiple plans to choose from.
- Matching 401K.
- 80 hours of PTO.
- Fantastic team collaborative environment.
- Quarterly team building.
- Room for growth.