As we prepare to hire a couple new employees over the next few months, we’re refreshing our bank of marketing interview questions. Below you’ll find some of the old standbys, as well as some of the more unique questions.
- How many balloons do you think could fit in this room?
- How long before going on vacation do you pack your bag? Why?
- How would you react if you were transformed into a fish?
- What are 3 uses for an empty stapler?
- If you were abducted by aliens and were told you could have any job on their planet, what would you choose?
- Describe a situation in which your work was criticized.
- What will you do if you don’t get this position?
- What would your boss say are your 2 biggest weaknesses? What do you think your 2 biggest weaknesses actually are?
- What do you think is the future of marketing and advertising?
- Entertain me for 3-5 minutes doing whatever you want.
- Is your college GPA reflective of your potential?
- Would Mahatma Gandhi have made a good software engineer?
- If you could be #1 employee but have all your coworkers dislike you or you could be #15 employee and have all your coworkers like you, which would you choose?
- What is the most fascinating thing about life?
- If you could be a superhero, what power would you possess?
- If you were a Microsoft Office program, which one would you be?
- Would you rather fight 1 horse-sized duck, or 100 duck sized horses?
- If you were the CEO here, what would be the first 3 things you would do every day?
- If you had to name a band right now, what would it be?
- How would you sell hot cocoa in Florida?
- If you were a brand, what would be your motto?
- If you had $2000, how would you double it in 24 hours?
- Why are you interested in working for us?
- Where do you see yourself in 1, 5, and 10 years?
- What can you offer us that someone else cannot?
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
- Tell me about a time when you made a mistake.
- Tell me how you handled a difficult situation.
- Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the requirements for a project.
- Who are our competitors and what do you think of them?
- Who is your mentor?
- Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss?
- What are your bosses strengths and weakness?
- Why do you consider yourself a leader or a follower?
- Tell me about the last book you read that wasn’t an assignment.
- What are your pet peeves?
- Where do you get your information from?
- What are your hobbies?
- What was your favorite subject/class?
- A customer has just posted a negative review to the company’s Facebook page and you’re in charge of responding. How do you handle it?
- What do you do to stay up to date with new marketing techniques?
- Describe a situation at a past job where you had to take initiative.
- Tell me about a time where you had to put in significant effort up front and then wait a long time for success.
- Tell me about a time when you had to work with people who are very different than you.
That’s it! Do you think these questions and this process will help separate the great candidates from the average? What other great questions have you found?
Bonus, if you’re interviewing here and you did the little amount of research to find this post, you may have given yourself a leg up.
Contact us today if you have any questions!
1 thought on “Advertising and Marketing Interview Questions”
As a publisher of a small community, local newspaper I found these questions quite interesting and above average for information gathering, which is beneficial in choosing the best candidate. I will be using a few of these in my next interview.