Developing marketing strategies is no easy task to undertake. However, when all the planning and strategies have been deployed, how can you be certain your efforts will pay off? What indicates your marketing strategy was successful? It starts by building metrics into your plan every step of the way.
It is extremely important to know what key performance indicators (KPIs) are telling you if you’re going to accurately gauge the success of your latest marketing strategy. Without a quantifiable way to track your performance, the effectiveness of a marketing plan remains largely in the dark.
Want to know how much influence your marketing plan is having on the actions of your audience? Keep reading below for telltale signs that all your hard work is paying off.
Identifying Successful Marketing Strategies
Keep an eye on the following to track and measure your success.
- Boost in Sales or Leads — A spike in sales or leads is an obvious sign of success. Using targeted marketing methodology within the details of your plan helps safeguard your strategy. For example, it is good to ensure your calls to action are communicating clearly and directly, leading customers to “buy now” or “click here”. If you notice you’re not quite hitting the mark in this area, review for ambiguity throughout all aspects of your messaging and adjust accordingly.
- Analyze the Analytics — Marketing analytics is your best friend in tracking performance and making any necessary adjustments along the way. Periodically checking reports from Google Analytics or other tools will enable you to spot weaknesses and make improvements right away.
For example, you might need to tweak your keywords, reevaluate your ad spend or optimize digital ads. Sometimes, making a few targeted adjustments is all it takes to redirect the success of your marketing efforts.
- More Attention, Interactions and Requests — It’s a good sign you’re reaching the right people when you see an increase in overall attention to what you put out. The more people engaging with your content, (e.g., clicks, following gated offer prompts, signing up for newsletters, commenting, sharing, calling, emailing, purchasing, etc.) the better!
You never want to hear crickets when putting your marketing plan to the test. After all, the purpose of strategizing is to capture more leads, generate higher sales and resonate with your audience. At the same time, you want to be building long-term credibility and a dependency from others to supply more useful, high-value resources.
- Increased Demand for New Hires — Successful marketing strategies are designed to increase sales and business, naturally leading to an increased demand for new hires. This is a good indicator that financial investments are paying off. Managing the growth of a business with more employees is often the result of successful marketing plans that raise brand awareness and customer loyalty.
You’ll want to carefully track growth to determine whether or not the best return on investment (ROI) is taking place for the amount of money invested in marketing strategies.
- Maintaining or Growing a Positive Reputation — It is important to know how customers view and regard a brand after launching a new marketing plan. What reputation trends do you notice, if any? What patterns do you see in the comments and feedback you receive? A company and brand’s reputation often hinges on the marketing strategies launched. It’s why consistency in identifying and communicating a brand’s values and mission with every piece of collateral is essential.
Watching your hard work pay off is the ultimate reward after conducting the preliminary work that goes into building a successful marketing strategy. With careful planning and insight, you can take any brand to the next level.
ON Advertising is One of Phoenix’s Top Advertising Agencies
ON Advertising consists of brand strategists working synergistically to develop and support successful market influence. Our full-scale consideration of each facet of marketing and advertising operates with clear goals and objectives laid out for each client and their unique needs.
Our team of thinkers, creatives, and observers blend their talents together to help develop a brand that works for you. Whether you are seeking additional advertising advice for your marketing strategy or any other retail project, we can make it happen!
Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business shine!